If life is what happens to our plans, then dance is what happens to our steps.
ideas sometimes when you wait they come to you.
There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Poem 2 (!)


Rush

I’m like a bullet
Piercing the street
Parting the crowd
Mouthing obscenities to people who don’t move.

My mantra :“Start the day ten minutes late
And that lost time shadows you”

Heavy bag.
I don’t feel I am in my head
In my body, in this place.

I make promises with God
To get there on time.

Then the sun jingles an Autumn leaf
And cuts my eye with hope.

2 comments:

  1. 'Heavy bag.I don’t feel I am in my head In my body, in this place.'

    I felt like that today on my way back from VictorIA and i think i spend to much energy-'Mouthing obscenities to people who don’t move.'Instead of perhaps breathing, observing others REFLECTING during my travels.

    You've inspired me to have a go at writing poems at the end of the day, as it a nice creative way of reflecting and ofcorse keeping some sort of journal. It could also help me with my songwriting. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the song writing. I have had a couple of my poems made into songs in the past. It was so much fun
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete