If life is what happens to our plans, then dance is what happens to our steps.
ideas sometimes when you wait they come to you.
There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 7 November 2010

Poem (4)


Call in times

I met an old friend in the mirror
And promised her I would not let her disappear.
Then looked at my diary and tried to fit her in again sometime soon…
Our loving meeting: where she moved across the floor timid and still quite hurt
Left me with promises of salads and time
I wonder how good a friend I am to all the work she did when she was younger.

I met old friends who appeared out of the crowd
And hugged me
“Oh my god 16 years, where did it go!”
Then we sat together and I felt the joy of just being with someone who knows me
All the things I think at times I must have imagined: they talk about memories Tripping off the tongue
They are so beautiful and alive
I promise I will email
Left me with a feeling I do belong to the person in the mirror.

1 comment:

  1. i loved this poem.. as i could relate to the promises I'm constantly making to myself.
    'Then looked at my diary and tried to fit her in again sometime soon…' such a literal but effective way to put it.
    It is always a battle to get'salads and time'!

    ReplyDelete